Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder As I start to explore doing podcasts for myself and the University - I need to explore ways to make this occur. Here is some software that has been promoted (free) on many of the podcasts that I have been listening to. Its the tools! Certainly, with Apples new version of iLife you have these features built in - but it is not always possible to upgrade, and iLife only runs on a Macintosh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I record my audio using an i-river. They are fairly cheep and have a great internal microphone. You can also add a microphone with the in-line port. You can get one starting for $75 dollars. I often have it with me at conferences and then interview people right on the spot. Check out my podcast about using technology in the jr high social studies classroom: www.speakingofhistory.blogspot.com