Wednesday, May 30, 2012

15 educational experiences my granddaughter won't have

15 educational experiences my granddaughter won't have - Home - Doug Johnson's Blue Skunk Blog
Avram Piltch identifies "15 Technologies My Newborn Son Won't Use" in a recent Gizmodo/Laptop post. (Read it - it's fun.) These are:

ADSL (wired Internet access)
Dedicated Cameras And Camcorders
Landline Phones
Slow-Booting Computers
Windowed Operating Systems
Hard Drives
Movie Theatres
The Mouse
3D Glasses
Remote Controls
Desktops
Phone Numbers
Primetime Television
Fax Machines
Optical Discs

About half of these things are nearly extinct already.....

2 comments:

wanderwei said...

There will always be the slow booting computer. It is just called my smart phone.

Farmerturnedteacher said...

I thought that my Dad who lived from 1912 to 1996, saw alot of changes in "technology", but we are living in hyperspeed technology. In an article I just read it said children need time to daydream or we may be huring the very thought processes they need. http://blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2012/06/why-daydreaming-isnt-a-waste-of-time/ I truly do love the technology, although I always feel very behind. Let your children be bored, they will be better for it.