Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Making a PLN


Stages of PLN adoption (Techlearning blog)
Stages of PLN adoption David Warlick wrote a post the other day about being able to zip up or turn off your Personal Learning Network (PLN). I too have been thinking about how one goes about starting a PLN, how do you monitor it, and how do you learn to shut it off. We all continue to push teachers to start PLNs if they haven't already. I have noticed an emerging trend of what one goes through when adopting a PLN for the first time. I myself continue to look at the stages I am going through in adopting this new way of learning, interacting, and teaching in a collaborative, connected world. As I have helped others start their PLNs I have found that many of them go through these same stages. I am still trying to wrap my head around this but for now here's what I see as emerging stages of PLN adoption.

No comments: